Skunk Removal and Control Services
Four Seasons Wildlife Removal specializes in rodent control including skunks who may be a nuesance on your property. Our staff is experienced and trained to humanely remove and take care of your skunk problem in Toronto, Etobicoke, Ajax and it’s surrounding areas. Humane treatment and experienced service is what makes our business strive because we care about the work we do and the animals we remove. Call us for more information or any questions or concerns.
- Where they live
- As notoriously poor climbers, skunks are attracted to low spaces under porches, sheds, garages, and back house additions without foundation, piles of wood, rocks, and debris.
- Baby Season
- Skunks may birth there young starting late June or early July having four to seven young per year and she will be extremely protective of her young, spraying any pets or humans that appear to pose as a threat.
- What they eat
- Since skunks are omnivores, they feed on almost anything such as, rodents, worms, insects, grubs, carrion, garbage, compost, and neglected pet food.
- Skunks can be carriers of rabies, and canine/feline distemper.
- Skunk Spray
- When angered or threatened skunks stamp their feet hiss and growl. Their spray is mostly used for defense. The two glands under the tail generate the strong smelling musk. Then they stand on their front paws, tail against their back as they face their victim to spray with a mist or stream up to 3meters (10ft) they are very accurate but can reach nearly 5 meters (16ft).
- Since skunks are twilight animals with excellent smell and hearing but poor vision, you’ll most likely encounter them at dusk.